- How To Reach
- What To See
- What’s new
- Where To Stay
Dedicated to the memory of soldiers of Krustpils fallen in the Freedom Battles. Designed by Aleksandrs Birznieks and built from donations. Unveiled in 1925, destroyed during Soviet times, restored in 1992.
A monument dedicated to the victims of the Soviet repressions. Unveiled on 25 March 1989.
Krustpils Park was designed in early 20th century between the city buildings and Ādamson’s land plot. The World War Two memorial was unveiled in 1976, designed by sculptor Ļevs Bukovskis and architect Gunārs Asaris. Dedicated to the memory of nine heroes of the Soviet Union fallen during the liberation of Jēkabpils from the German forces. The cannon is placed at the burial site of Russian army and officers of Latvian Riflemen Corps fallen in World War Two.
In 1942, 15 oaks and 13 lindens were planted on the site where the stone is placed in remembrance of 15 men and 13 women deported from Krustpils to Siberia. The Soviets destroyed the trees after World War Two and now only one oak remains – dedicated to the memory of lieutenant N. Upmalis.
Erected on the lawn next to the Jēkabpils State Gymnasium. Dedicated to more than 300 soldiers of the 3rd Caucasian riflemen regiment of the Russian Army who died fighting against the German forces. 139 soldiers and two officers are buried in the military cemetery.
On this spot on 12th February 1670, Duke Jacob declared the foundation of the city. Busy trading took place here on Wednesdays, it was the oldest market of the town and the former historic centre. There is also a memorial stone of Jekabpils 330 year anniversary.
The only known landmark stone of the city of Jēkabpils. A circle with a cross inside is engraved in the stone.
Internationally renowned ceramist Andrejs Pormalis lived in Jēkabpils almost all his life. The house features his workshop, an exhibition of ceramic articles, a unique fireplace.
The family of Skulmes has given Latvia a number of great and well-known painters - Oto Skulme (1889-1967), Uga Skulme (1895-1963) and Džemma Skulme. The house was built in 1895 by Jēkabs Skulme who worked in the Jēkabpils City Council in the 20th century and was the first to have courage to propose using the Latvian language at the council meetings. The house can be only viewed from the outside.
Pēteris Sīpolnieks was a music teacher and one of the most famous organists in Latvia. His family home was built in 1820. The house can be only viewed from the outside.
In the square next to Jekabpils College at 1 Pasta Street, a sculpture has been dedicated to the memory of the outstanding composer J.Vitols - "The Little Violinist" with a commemorative plaque.